ALM Charities, D. L. Gasser Construction and Milestone Materials are proud to sponsor The Big Dig Community Service Project Grant Program for the calendar year 2019.
ALM Charities will be accepting grant applications for Community Service Projects for projects to be completed/built in 2019-2020.
The deadline for grant submittals is April 15, 2019.
The mission of The Big Dig is to "dig in" and help out our area communities.
The Big Dig grant application serves as a catalyst to our company and its employees who value working with non-profit organizations to enhance their community through the completion of a community service project that will:
- help build a better tomorrow for the children and families of our area communities
- encourage unity of community members of all ages to bridge the generation gaps
- create a unique and lasting experience between our business, our employees, and our communities
- educate the public on the value of the construction and mining industry and the benefit of having them be members of their community
- bring out "the construction worker" in all of the volunteers and benefactors by including them in the work
WHAT TYPE OF PROJECTS
Community Service Project submittals should not be limited to gravel and asphalt type projects. Grant applications could be written for such projects/events like these:
- community park improvements
- homeless shelter improvements
- school playground
- school program enhancements
- community center improvements
- food pantry improvements
- assistance/enhancements to children's programs
We encourage applicants to think "outside the box" when submitting their project.
Budget Parameters: It's ok to ask for the "sky" in hopes you get "the stars and/or the moon".
Community Service Projects will be completed/ built in the calendar year 2019-2020. Due to the complexity and preparations for some of the projects selected; the opportunity for project schedules to cross calendar years exists. In order to coordinate the project schedules with the D.L. Gasser Construction and Milestone Materials workload it may be necessary to extend the project timelines.
2018 COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS GRANT FINALISTS
- Boys & Girls Club of West Central WI - Reedsburg
- Camp Wawbeek - WI Dells
- Juneau County 4H Youth Development - Mauston
- Renewal Unlimited / Necedah Head Start and Necedah Food Pantry - Necedah
INVITATION TO APPLY GUIDELINES:
2019 Grant Applications - deadline: April 15, 2019
NOTE: You will need submit 6 hard copies all documents.
Click here to download the 2019 grant application.
P.S. Be sure to pay close attention to the accounting and tax documentation requirements to maintain your eligibility.
For more information call Tina Neuman, Big Dig Coordinator at 608.356.3311 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org